This substantial building was erected in 1551 by Rustem Pasha, Grand Vizier of Suleyman the Magnificent. It was used for selling the silk that Rustem Pasha himself produced in Bursa.
This dependency houses the permanent exhibition of Sarajevo from 1878 to 1918, displaying Sarajevo during the Austro-Hungarian period.
The Jewish Museum or Museum of the Jews of Bosnia and Herzegovina is housed in the oldest synagogue in Bosnia and Herzegovina, built in 1581.
Svrzo’s House represents the lifestyle of an urban Muslim family in the late 18th and throughout the 19th century.
The house belonged to the wealthy Orthodox Christian Despić family, which donated the house to the City, along with another property now housing the Museum of Literature and the Performing Arts.